The Orange County Sustainability Collaborative (OCSC) kicked off implementation of its 2012 to 2014 Strategic Plan with a general stakeholder meeting on Thursday evening, July 26th, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. During the meeting, community and business leaders, academics, students, advocates and other citizens were provided the opportunity to hear about the plan’s highlights. In addition, they were able to volunteer for leadership and participant roles in the various activities designed by OCSC to help create a “Greener Orange”.
The OCSC Strategic Plan and Its Implementation
Board members presented highlights during the meeting from OCSC’s recently completed strategic plan. Attendees were able to volunteer for leadership and participant roles in the following committees, programs and projects. Of course, attendees were encouraged to explore these opportunities with the board members during question-and answer-exchanges:
- Administrative and Operational Committees
- Program Development and Delivery
- Project Oversight
- Outreach and Promotion
- Volunteer and Intern Management
- Major Programs and Projects
- A quarterly dialogue (mini-conference) series on sustainability topics important to Orange County’s leaders
- An instructional series on sustainable business principles and practices
- A sustainability stakeholder mapping and database project
- Publication of educational primers on sustainability topics
- Participation in college- and university-level internship programs
- Development of cooperative sustainability projects with municipal governments
- Creation of an online sustainability best-practices library, and
- Obtaining free or low-cost event venue and office spaces to support OCSC programs and activities.
Recruitment of Open Board of Directors Seats
Stakeholders were also invited during the meeting to apply for open positions on the board of directors. Details on the board member application process are available on the OCSC website.
The PowerPoint presentation from the July 26, 2012 Stakeholder Meeting and additional background documents are available for your review: