CALL FOR SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS AND STUDENT INTERNS
The Orange County Sustainability Collaborative (OCSC) continuously seeks volunteers and unpaid student interns to support:
- Research and development for the OCSC’s new online Best Practices Library
- Website enhancements and maintenance
- Educational event planning and
- Other sustainability promotion activities.
Time-commitments for the position are highly flexible to meet a volunteer or intern’s needs. Some people spend as little as 8 hours per week, whereas others spend 30.
Although most of the internship and volunteer opportunity is virtual, OCSC recognizes that most colleges and universities expect close supervision of interns’ work. Thus, interns meet or talk via telephone with an assigned OCSC board member each week to review project progress and plan next steps. Similarly, volunteers work on their projects under the general direction of OCSC’s Volunteer and Intern Manager or a special project manager.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining databases of key sustainability stakeholders
- Organizing and implementing email campaigns
- Researching, analyzing and reporting on the sustainability best practices of Orange County corporations and institutions
- Writing blog posts on sustainability current events in Orange County
- Participating in event planning for OCSC’s Leadership Dialogue Series
For more information about these opportunities, please contact email@example.com.