Register now for the Orange County Sustainability Collaborative’s (OCSC) Fall Leadership Dialogue Event on Friday, October 19th:
“Sustainability’s Business Proposition: Making Money by Doing Good.”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Business Executives – Learn why there is more to becoming a truly green company than merely being compliant with regulations and selling green-attribute products and services . . . by systematically increasing efficiencies, revenues and competitive advantages throughout the lifecycles of value systems
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals – Acquire a management framework within which corporations systematically identify, prioritize and successfully act on their most pressing “people, planet and profit” (3-P) needs
- Environmental, Health and Safety Professionals and Technicians – Examine the concepts and methods for going beyond regulatory and industry-standards compliance to improve a corporation’s bottom line in terms both you and the C-suite understand
- Academics – Discover new opportunities to research and teach advanced sustainability topics
- Students – Hear what days-in-the-life of green entrepreneurs and corporate sustainability practitioners are really like
- Government Agency Leaders – Explore corporations’ motives and methods for achieving sustainability and thereby discover “beyond-regulations” opportunities for business and government collaboration
- Non-Governmental Organization Representatives – Discover new opportunities to work with corporations to achieve “3-P” benefits for all stakeholders
This one-of-a-kind professional development event will:
- Explore sustainability’s business proposition in depth and
- Give attendees a head start in applying sustainability’s systematic management principles and practices at their own organizations.
The highlights of the event include a panel of expert sustainability practitioners from Orange and Los Angeles counties, who will examine corporate sustainability’s conceptual framework consisting of:
- Systematic program management
- Regulatory and industry-standards compliance
- Cost-and-risk-reducing efficiencies throughout the entire lifecycles of value systems
- Revenue-stream enhancement through green-attribute products and services, and
- Competitive advantages through greenwash-free corporate transparency.
Following the presentations, attendees will work with these concepts to actually begin resolving their respective organizations’ most-pressing sustainability needs during facilitated roundtable discussions.
- Mr. William Borges, panel discussion moderator, Interim Chairman of the Board at the Orange County Sustainability Collaborative and Former Principal Environmental Scientist at Midwest Research Institute
- Ms. Constanze Duke, Manager of Environment, Health, Safety + Sustainability at Bausch + Lomb and Director of the Orange County Group at the International Society of Sustainability Professionals
- Mrs. Teresa Nersesyan, Board Member at the Orange County Sustainability Collaborative , Principal at Tradeface Consulting LLC, and former Vice President of Global Logistics and Trade Compliance at Pacific Sunwear
- Ms. Lauren Gropper, Founder and CEO at Repurpose Compostables, Inc., and
- Mr. Bill Conley, CFM, Chief Governing Officer and Board Member at the Orange County Sustainability Collaborative; Director and Fellow at the International Facilities Management Association, and a Global Reporting Initiative Certified Reporter.
DATES, TIME, VENUE AND PARKING,
With check-in starting at 1:30 pm, the event will be held from 2 to 5 pm on Friday, October 19, 2012, at:
Sweet Shade Neighborhood Park (Click on this hyperlink for directions)
15 Sweet Shade
Irvine, CA 92696
Parking is free!
REGISTRATION AND PRICES
Until the close of business on October 18th, the advance online registration prices are:
- $40 for professionals,
- $25 for faculty members and public agency and NGO representatives, and
- $5 for students.
For attractive group rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day-of-the-event prices for these respective categories will be $50, $30 and $10.
To register online via PayPal™, please click here. Please note that day-of-the-event, at-the-venue payments must be by check or cash only.
For more information please contact William Borges at email@example.com .